Mosquito Control Surveillance Coordinator
The Citrus County
Mosquito Control District
Public Health Pest Control Certification is necessary within six months of
A detailed job description and application can be obtained at the Citrus County Mosquito Control District Headquarters’ Office or our website
968 N. Lecanto Hwy.
Lecanto, FL. 34461
between 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. weekdays.
Position will be open until filled. The Citrus County Mosquito Control District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services.
Preference will be given to veterans. (A copy of the DD-214 must be provided).
CITRUS COUNTY MOSQUITO CONTROL DISTRICT
MOSQUITO CONTROL SURVEILLANCE COORDINATOR
$21.10-$33.77 hourly / $43,902.00-$70,242.00 Yearly
Manages the surveillance dept in monitoring mosquito populations, arbovirus
activity and product effectiveness within Citrus County.
Employees in this class perform duties of above average difficulty requiring
initiative and independent judgment under general supervision.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of
specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work
is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned
area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the
activities described below.
• Lead the surveillance dept. in the monitoring of mosquito populations
• Improve understanding of mosquito breeding habitats and resources
• Lead Arbovirus monitoring program
• Lead trapping program, collections, and identifications
• Monitors the efficacy of products and treatment techniques.
• Coordinate research efforts with state universities, private industry, and
• Works with industry partners in product and application method testing
• Calibrates spray equipment and analyzes results.
• Leads resistance testing program for local mosquito population
• Compile data, prepare reports and present findings
• May apply pesticides during times of increased arthropod activity.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Performs all responsibilities of Surveillance dept. and staff
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Considerable knowledge in entomology, ecology and integrated pest
• Considerable knowledge in arboviruses, vectors and transmission cycles
• Skill in the operation, calibration, and maintenance of mosquito control,
surveillance and laboratory equipment.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently plan, organize, and supervise the work
• Ability to record data, create and prepare reports and present findings
• Ability to effectively and efficiently utilize technology
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in entomology, biology, or other related area of study or
extensive experience in a related field of employment
• 3 years of experience in mosquito control with experience in insect
• Possession of current State of Florida Department of Agriculture and
Consumer Services Public Health Pest Control Certification
• Possession of the Advanced Mosquito Control Certification
• Possession of the Advanced Mosquito Identification Certification
• Possession of a valid Driver License.
Citrus County Mosquito Control District is a drug free workplace and will require a
pre-employment drug screening