Now Hiring: Full-time Cook (No Experience Necessary, On Job Training)
- Responsible for the overall preparation, cooking and serving of food, cleaning dishes and kitchen area.
- Essential Job Functions Maintain HIPAA.
- Prepares food for meals according to the menu established by Dietitian.
- Maintains consistency in food products.
- Keeps kitchen clean and organized throughout work shift.
- Monitor caregivers when Manager is not on duty.
- This will include making sure they are following proper sanitary guidelines - wearing gloves, not touching food, washing hands, hairnets when in cooking zone, etc.
- Report violations to Administrator.
- Follow Kitchen cleaning chart.
- Interact with all staff in a professional manner and courteous.
- Issues with other employees are to be brought to the attention of the Kitchen Manager and/or Administrator.
- Maintain a professional environment in the kitchen at all times.
- The kitchen is accessible to all staff.
- Ensure all staff entering the cooking area have on hair nets.
- Be familiar with and follow health department and state guidelines and regulations in addition to facility policies and procedures.
- Other duties that may apply.
Requirements: High School graduate or equivalent. Food Handling/Safety certification. Excellent customer service and hospitality. Enjoy serving seniors. Patient and compassionate. Follow dress code. Must meet all health requirements, including TB, pass background checks and have a valid driver's license or ID.