Inverness, FL Full-time
Posted on February 25, 2019
McKenzie Painting Needs an Experienced Painter!
Must wear white. Must have 5 years experience, transportation & tools.
Examples of Painter Responsibilities:
- Paint the interiors of apartments, condos, townhomes and other multi-family dwellings as required
- Work with other construction professionals, such as carpenters, electricians and plumbers, to prepare units for lease
- Protect all nearby furnishings and building materials before and during every painting job, including carpets, cabinetry, outlet covers, lighting fixtures and landscaping
- Collaborate with other professional painters on larger jobs
- Practice self-supervision on small jobs and ensure you complete each project in an efficient, timely manner
- Apply paint to surfaces including canvas, walls, floors, doors, and cabinets.
- Mix, match, and apply paint, varnish, shellac, enamel, and other finishes. Scrape, sandpaper, prime, or seal surfaces prior to painting.
- Clean walls to ensure proper adherence.
- Cover surfaces with cloth or plastic to ensure protection.
- Calculate amounts of required materials and estimate costs.
- Fill cracks, holes, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives.
- Erect scaffolding, movable and immovable staging and various rigging to gain access to difficult areas; moves furniture and equipment as necessary.
- Remove fixtures such as pictures, doorknobs, lamps, and electric switch covers prior to painting.
- Select and buy paint from vendors.
- Negotiate prices.
- Purchase quality brushes.
- Apply several coats according to paint directions.
- Tape off areas when needed.
- Apply touchups or second coats.
- Remove paint splatters when finished.
- Clean up all equipment, including brushes and spray guns.
- Utilize spray guns for large jobs.
- Work on ladders to reach high ceilings or walls.