Experienced PainterMcKENZIE PAINTING
Mckenzie Painting needs an Experienced Painter! Must wear white, Must have 5 years experience, transportation & tools.
Examples of Painter Responsibilities:
• Paint the interiors of apartments, condos, town homes and other multi-family dwellings as required.
• Work with other construction professionals, such as carpenters, electricians and plumbers, to prepare units for lease.
• Protect all nearby furnishings and building materials before and during every painting job, including carpets, cabinetry, outlet covers, lighting fixtures and landscaping.
• Collaborate with other professional painters on larger jobs.
• Practice self-supervision on small jobs and ensure you complete each project in an efficient, timely manner.
• Apply paint to surfaces including canvas, walls, floors, doors, and cabinets.
Mix, match, and apply paint, varnish, shellac, enamel, and other finishes. Scrape, sandpaper, prime, or seal surfaces prior to painting. Clean walls to ensure proper adherence. Cover surfaces with cloth or plastic to ensure protection. Calculate amounts of required materials and estimate costs. Fill cracks, holes, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives. Erect scaffolding, movable and immovable staging and various rigging to gain access to difficult areas; moves furniture and equipment as necessary. Remove fixtures such as pictures, doorknobs, lamps, and electric switch covers prior to painting. Select and buy paint from vendors. Negotiate prices. Purchase quality brushes. Apply several coats according to paint directions. Tape off areas when needed. Apply touchups or second coats. Remove paint splatters when finished. Clean up all equipment, including brushes and spray guns. Utilize spray guns for large jobs. Work on ladders to reach high ceilings or walls.