Library Technician IILake Sumter State College
We invite candidates to apply for our Library Technician II-Sumter position. The Technician will provide general library and open lab support for the Sumter campus library. In addition, the Technician will be responsible for provision of library services in absence of Sumter campus librarian. Assists with library collection maintenance and virtual reference services. May occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Requirements: Associate’s degree required. Two years post-secondary education and related job experience may be considered.
Experience: Customer service experience required; library experience preferred.
An Equal Access/Equal opportunity employer.
1) Reserve, circulate, renew, and discharge books and other materials.
2) Enter and update patrons' records on computers.
3) Provide assistance to teachers and students by locating materials and helping to complete special projects.
4) Answer routine reference inquiries, and refer patrons needing further assistance to librarians.
5) Guide patrons in finding and using library resources, including reference materials, audiovisual equipment, computers, and electronic resources.