Church SecretaryHope of Evangelical Lutheran Church
Citrus Springs, FL Full-time
Posted on August 9, 2019
Part time in Citrus Springs. Must know PowerPoint and Publisher.
- The church secretary is responsible for dealing with frequently sensitive information about church and community members.
- Empathy and discretion are key qualities for a church secretary, since she is often privy to congregation members' marital, financial or health concerns.
- Keep church staff informed of member’s need such as deaths, illness and other crises.
- Answer the phone and screen calls for staff per their direction.
- Perform general office work; maintain supplies and various files; keep records and compile these into periodic or occasional reports.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- File sermons, reports, correspondence and other assigned materials.
- Exercise tact, courtesy, confidentiality and diplomacy in receiving callers, in person or by telephone; keep calendar of appointments.
- Edit and prepare weekly bulletins and other documents as requested.
- Photocopy documents and assemble as needed.
- Do routine letters and documents as needed/requested.
- Keep accurate church records, (e.g. church members, prospects, calendar, etc), working in cooperation with the Church Clerk.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor.