Senior Animal Control Officer #0190Gadsden County Board of County Commissions
Gadsden, FL Full-time
Posted on November 9, 2018
Gadsden County Board of County Commissioners
Senior Animal Control Officer
Animal Control Division
Salary Range $12.34 - $18.51 Hourly
Position Closes: November 26, 2018
Essential Functions/Typical Tasks:
- Provides direct supervision to Department Officers and ensures orders, policies and procedures are followed ;
- Trains Animal Control Staff on work procedures, identifies training needs and arranges required training;
- Assists the Environmental Enforcement Director in selecting Animal Control Officers by participating in selection interviews and in developing and implementing goals, objectives, priorities, policies, and procedures for Animal Control Officers.
- Receiving, processing and concluding animal control calls; patrolling and enforcing State and County animal control laws; preparing animal control records.
- Conducts routine patrol of the county for Animal and Litter violations;
- Responds to calls and investigates difficult and time consuming cases involving animal cruelty;
- Takes into custody and impounds stray and mistreated animals and animals held for evidence;
- Checks inoculation certificates and tags;
- Issues appropriate summons and citations;
- Applies for and serves search and seizure warrants;
- Sets animal capture traps;
- Tranquilizes animals as needed.
- Cleans truck and reports necessary maintenance work;
- Keeps appropriate records; prepares periodic reports; periodically attends seminars for professional training related to animal and litter control;
- Completes case reports, testifies and prosecutes cases in court on related matters