ReceptionistGadsden County Board of County Commissions
This is position provides reception and clerical support at the front reception desk within the County Administrator’s Office.
- Greets and welcomes guests/visitors upon arrival
- Directs guests/visitors to the appropriate staff and/or office
- Answers, screens and forwards incoming calls to appropriate staff
- Ensures reception area is presentable
- Provides basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily incoming mail and deliveries
- Maintains office security by following safety procedures and controlling staff access via the reception desk
- Update and maintain calendar of scheduled meetings
- Assist administrative staff with filing, photocopying, organizing, and faxing
- Performs other related duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must possess excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate professionally and clearly both verbally and in writing. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to be resourceful and proactive when unexpected issues arise. Ability to effectively multitask and prioritize tasks efficiently. Must have excellent customer service skills. Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access.
Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) years of work experience in an office setting as a receptionist, front office representative, or office clerk. Persons who need assistance to participate in the applicant process should contact the hiring authority in advance of the closing date.