Heavy Equipment Operator IIGadsden County Board of Co Commissioners
Quincy, FL Full-time
Posted on May 30, 2018
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operates trucks of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling and unloading of various equipment, materials and supplies.
- Operates trucks and construction or power equipment, such as mechanized broom, backhoe, man-lift, dump truck, snowplow, road grater, front-end loader, hydraulic excavators, skid steers and jetter/inductor truck.
- Operates jackhammers, mowers, brush chippers and other small equipment and tools to maintain street and utility systems.
- Works with and assists the line crew in digging ditches and trenches, hoisting material, tools, equipment, and any related work with a backhoe, road grater or front-end loader.
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or repairs to the supervisor; cleans equipment.Assists in the installing and maintenance of traffic control devices.Plows snow and salts roads according to departmental policy.
- Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
Competencies Technical Capacity. Time Management. Thoroughness. Customer/Client Focus.