Stucco Plasterers, Apprentice PlasterersColony Stone and Plastering
Do you enjoy the kind of job that consists of a variety of tasks instead of repetitive work? If so, our plasterer position might be for you. Working with our team, you’ll take on challenging projects, creating detailed ornamental plaster for new buildings and recreating designs to preserve a building’s historic elements. Along the way, you’ll have the opportunity to hone your leadership and communication skills, as well as develop a detailed eye for artistic excellence and learn the tricks for producing quality plaster. If you’re looking for an opportunity to be part of a team that values every member, this position is perfect for you.
- Understand which materials are best for both new construction and historic buildings and obtain them beforehand.
- Prepare walls and ceilings for stucco and cement by cleaning, taping and fixing any holes or cracks.
- Create a mortar mix that is perfect for the particular application, modify it when necessary and ensure the new plaster matches the consistency and texture of the existing plaster.
- Coat walls with plaster and go over the undercoat to make sure the final coat is flawless and requires few touch ups.
- Design the desired texture and create ornamental plaster, recreating original designs when necessary.
- Construct scaffolding so plaster can be applied to ceilings and other hard-to-reach places and re-position it as needed.
- Hang sheets to protect doors and windows from wet plaster and remove light switch covers.
- Remove all tools and scaffolding from the job site and ensure high cleanliness standards are maintained at the end of every work day.