Transition SpecialistCollege of Central Florida
Transition Specialist - Adult Education
Minimum of Bachelor's degree required in counseling,education,psychology, social work, adult education, or related field. Minimum of two years experience in counseling or a related student. Position close date is August 17, 2018.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide academic advising for students seeking a high school equivalency diploma, degree and certificate seeking students (in person and online).
- Develop and implement student development activities, programs and services that promote learning and retention.
- Provide professional support and referrals for students with personal, social, and/or academic concerns that impair learning.
- Provide student advisement that includes career path options, individual success plans, and career and life goals.
- Provide basic admissions, financial aid, registration, and Veterans’ Administration benefits information.
- Help students understand course sequence, academic load, graduation and transfer requirements (SUS articulation).
- Provide students with information about institutional and program policies, procedures, and college and community resources.
- Help students develop skills in self-direction.
- Perform duties as program facilitator. Specifically scheduling of adult education class times, maintaining teacher schedules, and providing day to day organization of adult education class procedures.
- May be required to work flexible schedule.
- Maintain professional currency; including participation in regular training sessions provided by the college.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed.)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction)
- Acceptable hearing (with or without hearing aid)
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing on a telephone and on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Routinely requires sitting at a desk and viewing a display screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer or other electronic device.
- Routinely requires Moderate (up to 40 pounds) lifting and carrying.
- Routinely requires Walking, Standing, Sitting, Kneeling, Stooping, Reaching up, Twisting and Bending.
- Works in an office environment.
- Works in telephone switch room.
CF is an Equal Opportunity Employer Human Resources at CF The Department of Human Resources is committed to providing quality support to current and future College of Central Florida employees. Office of Human Resources is open Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and is located in Founders Hall, Room 104 at the Ocala Campus.