Staff Assistant ICollege of Central Florida
Staff Assistant I
Enrollment Management -Citrus High school diploma or equivalent required. This is an entry-level position. One year of secretarial/clerical, computer, and typing experience is required. A comparable amount of training beyond high school may be substituted for this requirement. Position close date is July 25, 2018.
Adjunct Teacher Education.
Administrative/Faculty/Adjunct Career Opportunities or Professional/Career/Part-time Career Opportunities. Submit an electronic application, a copy of unofficial transcripts and resume online. A copy of transcripts from an accredited institution must be submitted with the application. 3001 SW College Road, Ocala, FL 34474.
CF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Staff Assistant Job Profile and Description:
Staff assistant is an umbrella term to cover employees who help in an office with clerical work. The job profile of a staff assistant can vary depending upon the industry and organization. However, typically a staff assistant can assist one senior employee or an entire department with support and administrative tasks. Some of the administrative tasks are routine, such as answering phones and sorting mails, while others could be more complex.
Related: Sales Marketing, Assistant Job Description, Clerical Assistant Job Description, Retail Assistant Job Description.
Staff Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of a staff assistant vary according to the organization or department, and could include the following:
- Answering telephone calls.
- Making telephone calls.
- Taking telephone messages.
- Arranging meetings.
- Coordinating meetings.
- Handling telephonic inquiries.
- Performing work requests.
- Maintaining files and records.
- Distributing correspondence and documents.
- Sorting and distributing incoming mail.
- Keeping records of office activities.
- Sending emails.
- Preparing outgoing packages and mail.
- Typing out documents and letters.
- Updating database and maintaining it.
- Coordinating workflow.
- Monitoring office supplies and ordering them when the inventory runs low.
- In-charge of overall neatness of the office.
- Checking invoices and making deposits.