Accounting Specialist IIICollege of Central Florida
Accounting Specialist III
High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree or higher preferred,preferably in a field related to accounting and bookkeeping. Three or more years of experience in the maintenance of bookkeeping and accounts payable records preferred. Position close date is August 17, 2018.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare and enter accounts payable information on payables system. Maintenance of purchase order files. Monitor monthly, quarterly and yearly reports.
- Maintain working relationship with College vendors regarding accounts payable.
- Assist College personnel with problems and questions related to payables and/or grants.
- Assist with phone calls and correspondence related to payables and/or grants.
- Perform a variety of accounting technician duties relating to reconciliation and reporting.
- Preparation of manual checks when required.
- Analyze grants and projects for the College, including budget analysis, maintenance of files and project status. Monitor monthly, quarterly and yearly reports.
- Assist the custodian of projects with narratives, forecasts, state contracts or fiscal management of their project. Meet with administrators relating to project projections and progress.
- Function as budget analyst and monitor departmental reports. Assist College personnel with fiscal problems and budget questions.
- Research and compile various reports and financial statistics. Perform evaluations of fiscal projects for the supervisor. Check and distribute accounting reports and assist in other office and accounting activities
- Prepare draw down collections relating to financial aid payments due to the College.
- Research data in computer relating grants.
- Assist with payroll data input.
- Assist with editing payroll to assure match between inputs and paper copies.
- Assist with posting vacation and sick leave records.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related marginal duties as required.)
Essential Physical Skills:
- Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction).
- Acceptable hearing (with or without hearing aid).
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to type the prescribed words per minute accurately.
- Ability to access file cabinets for filing and retrieval of data.
- Ability to sit at a desk and view a display screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to access, input and retrieve information from a computer.
CF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.