Probate SecretaryCITRUS COUNTY LAW FIRM
Citrus County law firm seeks to hire a full time probate secretary. Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Word with excellent grammar/language skills. Qualified candidates will possess excellent organizations skills, writing and communication skills, the ability to prioritize and work under a tight schedule. Preferably experience with ProDoc, Amicus and PCLaw. Minimum two years' probate experience required. Candidate must perform a variety of secretarial duties for attorney(s) and paralegal(s) to whom assigned according to established policies and procedures. Maintains positive contact with clients, attorneys and staff and observes confidentiality of client matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential functions are primarily job duties that must be performed unassisted or with training made by the firm.
1. Prepares correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents from written and oral drafts and forms; drafts standard correspondence and other documents.
2. Reads, sorts and dates incoming mail. Follows up on time sensitive and other outgoing mail as appropriate to ensure delivery.
3. Screens telephone calls and provides assistance to callers.
4. Opens new files, requests conflict of interest checks, input client information into firm contact database.
5. Completes calendaring using Amicus. Maintains corresponding personal calendar and deadline reminder and follow up systems; communicates regularly to all appropriate attorneys and/or paralegals, both verbally and by e-mail, regarding status of said follow ups.
6. Maintains good public relations with clients and other firm contacts.
7. Schedules appointments.
8. Proofreads all work, including work produced by other support staff. Proofreads attorney time sheets. Works closely with other support staff.
9. Provides assistance with work flow of others when necessary and time permits. Performs reception relief on occasion.