Circulation District ManagerCitrus County Chronicle
Circulation District Manager
This position is responsible for the coordination of delivery and service of the daily edition of the Citrus County Chronicle, The Tampa Bay Times and other carrier delivered products within an assigned geographical area. These responsibilities include the recruitment, orientation and maintenance of all Independent Delivery Agents within that area. Developing and maintaining professional relationships with independent contractors while being accountable for performance in designated area. Maintaining high service and delivery quality ratios and assisting customers with regard to complaint and service request satisfaction on a daily basis is of major importance. Rotating responsibilities with other distribution functions and working with the Home Delivery Manager on process improvement, customer satisfaction programs, carrier sales programs, and route expansion.
• Recruitment,orientation and maintenance of Independent Delivery Agents
• Maintains accurate contract information & records
• Maintains home delivery complaint ratio at or below one per 1,000 deliveries daily, 1.5 on Sunday.
• Assures efficient and effective communication with delivery lists.
• Assures quick and efficient satisfaction of all customer complaints before noon each day
• Responsible for effectively covering down routes while recruiting proper carrier replacements
• Responsible for implementing, monitoring and producing results for carrier sales programs developed under the leadership of the Home Delivery Manager.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one-year newspaper experience or management experience preferred.
- Must have a valid Florida driver's license and a dependable vehicle.
- Must be able to drive a delivery truck
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, telephone customer service skills and basic computer skill needed as well as an ability to work well with others in a structured, high stress environment.
- Must have ability to work inside and outside in sometimes inclement weather.
- Must be able to use computer keyboard and able to lift 30 to 50 lbs.
- Squatting, bending, kneeling, reaching and twisting will be necessary on occasion.
- Lifting and assembling displays will be required.
- Driving at night and early morning hours is required.
- Position is routinely exposed to glare (VDT) from computer display terminal.
- Position is exposed to overhead fluorescent lighting.
- Position requires travel within county and is exposed to extreme weather conditions.
This position is an exempt position and reports to the Home Delivery Manager. This position must be available to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and early morning hours.