SecretaryChurch of the Nazarene
Office Secretary needed for local church. Must be personable, have good computer skills - both Mac and Windows. Must be able to work with church staff and volunteers.
- Keep church staff informed of member's need such as deaths, illness and other crises.
- Answer the phone and screen calls for staff per their direction.
- Perform general office work; maintain supplies and various files; keep records and compile these into periodic or occasional reports. Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- File sermons, reports, correspondence and other assigned materials.
- Exercise tact, courtesy, confidentiality and diplomacy in receiving callers, in person or by telephone; keep calendar of appointments.
- Transcribe dictation; type letters or other documents as needed; use word processing equipment as required.
- Edit and prepare weekly bulletins and other documents as requested.
- Make outgoing calls such as ordering materials or supplies; pick up supplies as needed.
- Prepare and maintain mailing lists and church roster.
- Photocopy documents and assemble as needed.
- Do routine letters and documents as needed/requested.
- Keep accurate church records, (e.g. church members, prospects, calendar, etc.), working in cooperation with the Church Clerk.
- Responsible for paying church bills, check writing, payroll, church bookkeeping and disbursement of church funds in cooperation with the church treasurer.
- Record deposits and individual record of contributions.
- Enter Sunday School attendance records and prepare attendance sheets for each week.
- Scheduling and following church policy regarding building usage and key checkout.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor. Office and assists the pastors and staff with a variety of administrative duties.
As a church secretary, your responsibilities include answering phone calls, managing schedules, filing, and generating programs for services.