Assistant General ManagerBest Western
Assistant General Manager
Hiring for Assistant General Manager. Hospitality Experience required. Potential to Advance. A hotel assistant general manager manages many different aspects of the hotel's day-to-day operations.
For example, they oversee the housekeeping of the hotel, the duties of the front office, and the stock in Core Accountabilities:
- Monitor and evaluate all department daily activities to ensure the successful operation of hotel facilities, services and amenities.
- Establish and review departmental standards, guidelines and objectives.
- Oversee hotel administrative processes such as staffing, training and budgeting/finance to ensure proper planning and organization.
- Support the hotel's sales and business strategies to maximize revenues and profitability.
- Partner with GM to create a positive work environment; Serve as a support resource for front line staff in all departments.
- Conduct daily walk-throughs and quality checks to drive exceptional service and guest satisfaction at all points of contact, to include pre-arrival, check-in/check-out, food & beverage, transportation, housekeeping, laundry, banquets, conference services and maintenance.
- Plan, organize and delegate daily operational activities against forecasted business volume.
- Drive effective communication across all departments to ensure consistency, cohesiveness and understanding of objectives and priorities.
- Address and respond to guest comments on travel review sites, comment cards or other mediums.
- Issue supplies and equipment as needed and participate in regular inventories to ensure proper supply levels.
- Intervene, assist and document instances of guest or employee incidents.
- Approve and process vendor invoices, complete bank deposits, audit cash banks and perform other accounting-related functions as necessary.