Driver3 R's Trucking
What is a Dump Truck Driver?
A Dump Truck Driver is a professional driver who can handle large trucks particularly the dump truck. He is responsible for transporting various loose materials which includes sand and gravel, rocks, coal and paving materials among others. Such hauling and dumping of raw materials from one place to another are necessary for construction companies, trucking companies and road repairs.
Duties of a Dump Truck Driver
- A dump truck is needed to transfer raw materials to make a project possible; be it a building, a road or other infrastructure that necessitates the use of large trucks to convey such materials. The dump truck driver is necessary to operate such truck and is in charge of the overall well being of the vehicle and himself as well. A dump truck driver is sometimes overlooked as something menial but this kind of job demands great skill and tough form to endure such hard labor.
- A dump truck driver operates the dump truck to move raw materials from one site to another.
- A dump truck driver needs to have a strong body as he is obliged to haul materials to the dump truck manually or with the use of a machine. He is also compelled to keep the truck’s condition with proper maintenance and cleaning.
- A dump truck driver must be greatly familiar with the safety regulations not just of the company he works with but of the general safety laws as well. And he must be able to follow such rules and regulations imposed.
- This kind of driving requires the driver to be a professional in his skill. He must have and maintain a clean driving record.
- It is important that the dump truck driver is a prompt employee. His job entails schedules to follow so he must be able to work within the timetable to make all other jobs be finished on time.